WHAT IS CHIROPRACTIC?
“Chiropractic is the science, philosophy, and art that utilizes the inherent recuperative power of the body to heal itself without the use of drugs or surgery.” — B.J. Palmer (Developer of Chiropractic)
CHIROPRACTIC IS FOUNDED ON 4 VITAL CONCEPTS:
1. The body is a self-healing organism. Cut your finger and it heals; cut the finger of a corpse and it does not heal. Life is what heals.
2. The nervous system is the master system of the body. Every aspect of the human experience, every thought, every feeling, every movement, every breath, and all healing is processed through the nervous system.
3. When there is interference in the function of the nervous system, not only can that compromise your physical well-being, but because it distorts your perception of the world and limits your ability to effectively respond to the world, it can have psychoemotional consequences as well.
4. Chiropractors are uniquely trained to locate and correct (adjust), the cause of interference to the nervous system. Interference to the nervous system is referred to as a vertebral subluxation. Chiropractic is the only profession that does this.
WHAT DOES A CHIROPRACTOR DO?
The purpose of chiropractic care is to optimize the function of the nervous system. Chiropractors work towards achieving this primarily through chiropractic adjustments and patient eduction on the importance of living the wellness lifestyle. In addition to nervous system optimization, chiropractors work towards correcting the underlying problem of health conditions originating from the spine, rather than simply just providing management for pain and symptoms. This approach typically results in more long-term benefits for patients in terms of pain and symptom relief, as well as improvements in their overall quality of life.
Patient care at SFC is structured around 5 nervous system optimization factors that work together to support proper function of the body:
1. Specific, corrective chiropractic adjustments.
2. Education on the importance of regular healthy posture habits.
3. Instruction on muscle strengthening exercises that support the spine.
4. Wellness education on the importance of sufficient hydration, nutrition, exercise, sleep, and stress management to spinal health and wellness.
5. A kind and compassionate chiropractic wellness team that is available to help support you on your wellness journey.